Top 5 Ways to Decide Which Home Builder to Choose
So you’ve decided to build a custom home. Now that you’ve got that first big decision under your belt, the next step is to choose a builder. How should you decide which one to work with? Not all Greensboro custom home builders are the same. They all have different qualities, different styles that make their work unique. Here are the Top 5 ways to choose a home builder.
- Style. Do you have a vision for what you want your house to look like? It’s important to find a builder who builds homes in the style you have in mind. If you’re not sure yet exactly what you want, look at each builder’s photo gallery to see if you like the homes they have built in the past.
- Quality. Make sure you find a builder who won’t cut corners or skimp on luxuries simply to save money or complete the job faster. Look for a meticulous builder who takes pride in tending to every detail. Ask to tour the builder’s previous homes to get a feel for the craftsmanship. Be sure the contractor you choose is licensed and look for extra credentials like local builder’s associations.
- Experience. Look for a builder who has significant experience building custom homes in the area. You want to be sure that your builder brings the necessary knowledge, training, and ability to the job. It’s your home and will be for years to come. There is no room for error.
- Reputation. Read reviews, ask for references of previous clients, and get a true feel for your builder. Take the time to do the research.
- Rapport. Talk at length with potential builders before making a commitment. Find someone who is easy to converse with, someone with whom you feel comfortable enough to share your true feelings about what you’re looking for in a home. Designing and building a home is a big undertaking. You will be working closely with your builder for at least 6 months, probably closer to a year from the first consultation to the final closing date. Choose someone you like.
Brian Riker Homes: Greensboro Custom Home Builders You Can Trust
Choosing a home builder is not a decision to take lightly. Brian Riker understands this and is willing to take the time to answer any questions you may have from the start. A member of the Greensboro Builders Association with years of experience since 1999, Brian lends his quality craftsmanship and expertise to every custom home. With a reputation for excellence in the industry, Brian Riker should be your chosen builder. Call (336) 669-7642 to schedule a free consultation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!